[MUD-Dev] MUD implementation issues.

Bruce Mitchener bruce at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 19 04:15:34 CET 2001

Jonathan Berling wrote:

> I checked out your site and found it very useful. :)

Great! :)  (It's not my site though, I just started it.)

> What I'd really like to see is a UML diagram, Use Cases,
> flowcharts, or anything depicting what a simple hack 'n slash mud
> server might like. Does something like this exist for public
> viewing on the net?

Not that I've seen.  Most projects tend to not be organized that way
that I've seen.

> I would like to make a mud server in my spare time but I'm having
> trouble figuring out where to start, and learning from others well
> planned actions/mistakes is always preferable to fumbling through
> it myself.

Have you considered 'apprenticing' on a server that's either out and
used now or is in development?  There are many projects out there
that people are working on, in various languages, under various
licenses and with widely varying goals.  That might be an easier
route to getting your feet wet, learning more of the ropes, and
helping out some of your fellow community members in the process.

  - Bruce