[MUD-Dev] Writing a MUD Server in Visual Basic?

Matt Owen MOwen at Channel4.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 08:31:24 CET 2001

From: Dan MacDonald [mailto:danmac at windows.microsoft.com]

>> As it stands now. I have a fully working codebase, that can
>> support 60 odd players (64 being the built in upper limit) with
>> no noticeable lag on a 500Mhz Pentium 3

> Got a public server up somewhere where we can try it ? :) I'm
> always curious to test out other people implementations.

Unfortunately no. Trying to find a Windows based host that is
realistically priced seems nigh on impossible. I don't need a full
server, but obviously something akin to a shell account doesn't
exist on Windows.

The MUD was originally developed at my old place of work, a large
global corporate, so finding players was never an issue. Now I no
longer work there, and I have no host, the whole project is kinda
dormant.

Matt.