[MUD-Dev] Economic Growth (Was: [STORY] Story and population size)

Sellers Sellers
Mon Dec 10 17:54:38 CET 2001

Raph wrote:
> [...]

Depends.  A PC-only economy can be perturbed pretty easily with
potentially disastrous effects: what if me and my cohort embargo
your store, and/or prevent you from buying any of the supplies you
need?  What if the supply/demand curve is such that your store only
sells one or two items per day, if that?

Having a simulated 'shadow' population of NPCs adding economic
activity is probably a good solution to these sorts of problems, and
won't add the distorting effects we see now with NPCs in the
economy.

Mike Sellers