[MUD-Dev] Tech: Pathfinding with Rooms

Eli Stevens listsub at wickedgrey.com
Thu Dec 6 14:35:03 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Bennett" <ddt at discworld.imaginary.com>

> We only do a single level of clustering, which works quite well.
> This is also a little adapted from what the people on Shattered
> World did.  They have a similar system of path finding (I had
> their code for this at one point too, nice people).

Questions: were the rooms manually grouped, or does the system
cluster them automatically?  How big are the clusters?  How many
rooms total?  Do you find that the pathfinding systems are used
often (multiple times per second, a few times per minute...)?

Just curious (I find stuff like this interesting :).

Eli
--
Never use brute force in fighting an exponential.
      -- Andrei Alexandrescu, "Modern C++ Design"