[MUD-Dev] TECH: programming languages (was: Re: TECH: STL / Heaps, etc.)

Bruce Mitchener bruce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 18 15:15:21 CEST 2001

Justin Rogers wrote:

> our security model allows you to place relaxed or extremely secure
> permissions on various pieces of code by applying security
> policies (scripted code can be run with 0 access to anything).

Care to describe the .NET security model in more detail, or pointers
to publicly available documentation?  Is it ACL-based?  I'm assuming
that it isn't capability-driven.  How close is it to that of Java?
To what extent can you implement your own security policies?  Does
it have a means for tracking clean vs dirty data like Perl does?
What else is interesting about it?

  - Bruce