[MUD-Dev] Personality Types (was Anarchy Online (was Community Feeling))

Kwon Ekstrom justice at softhome.net
Thu Aug 16 15:43:42 CEST 2001

From: "Marc Fielding" <mfielding at bluefalcon.com>

> Perhaps it shouldn't surprise me, but I'm somewhat reassured by
> the relative rarity of "K" in the profiles of admins and
> famous/accomplished people on the Bartle Test result page:

>   http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/stats.cgi

> Presumably world creators by their very nature shun the disruptive
> actions of the Killer. On the other hand, it *could* be merely a
> sampling error: the Killer Admins were simply too engrossed in
> their single-minded treachery to complete the survey. ;)

I just had to reply to this since I'm definitely a killer and happen
to be a fairly good administrator.  I've noticed that players tend
to annoy me less than other administrators because of the off chance
that I may decide to kill them later.  (Perfectly legal kills only
of course) Although I rarely kill players repeatedly, it's a pretty
good balance I think

And of course, I only loot under rare circumstances (they have
something I really want or they're REALLY annoying me)

My actual score was Killer 86% Explorer 66% Socializer 33% Achiever
13%

I'm surprised however at my low score as an Achiever.  This is
caused IMHO because many of the achiever answers are in opposition
to the explorer and killer answers.  My main driving force is to
kill players, which I generally achieve from superior knowledge and
equipment (most often through knowledge)

A large part of the enjoyment of the game is competition vs other
players.

Just my 2 cents...

-- Kwon Ekstrom