[MUD-Dev] TECH: programming languages (was: Re: TECH: STL / Heaps, etc.)

Brian Hook bwh at wksoftware.com
Sat Aug 11 15:59:26 CEST 2001

I personally abhor C++, even though I still use it because it's the
most practical of the languages available.  My language of
preference for scripting and configuration is Lua; my language of
preference overall is Objective-C.  For those that haven't messed
with MacOS X, it's, well, dreamy =) Basically NextStep, but with the
ability to run legacy Mac apps and with a pretty UI thrown on top.
And for techie geeks, there's a BSD shell and all the Unix goodness
you'd expect/want.  Best of all worlds -- I'm sold.

Brian Hook