[MUD-Dev] EQ: what makes a zone interesting?

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Thu Apr 26 14:38:26 CEST 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:13:54 -0500 (CDT)
shren  <shren at io.com> wrote:

> I'm glad that I'm on a fast connection - that was a heck of a post.
> Couldn't everyone who wanted the whole body of "what makes a zone
> interesting" gone and gotten it themselves?

Writing as list owner:

  One of the major values of MUD-Dev is the archives, and in
  particular, their compleatness (there is of course no second order
  problem concerning their size).  Such web references in the archives
  to material which is likely to not be present at an abitrary future
  date devalue the archives.  Further, a significant problem with the
  field historically has been the loss of records and other
  significant data due to web rot and accidents of history --
  something the list, if poorly, can help with.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu