[MUD-Dev] called shots

Josh Rollyson dinodrac at summit.magenet.net
Thu Apr 26 02:37:51 CEST 2001

Just out of curiosity, I haven't seen any muds implement "called
shots".  (Where a specific area of a player, mob, or object is
targeted)

When I played D&D we had called shot rules, you could try to aim for a
percieved weak spot in an opponent's armor, or for the opponents head
(possibly getting a critical hit of successful) or to maime the
opponent, so that they couldn't fight effectively - cutting off an
unprotected hand for instance.

Does anyone have such a system in use, and what issues has it created?