[MUD-Dev] Curtailing the 'Super-Rich Effect'

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue Apr 24 10:16:05 CEST 2001

On 16 April 2001 21:01, Trump wrote

> The ability to pop from any town to any other in EQ for a cost of
> 500 gold would quickly make money valueable to high levels again.
> Potions that would take you instantly to any dungeon for 1000 gold
> would probably sell quite well too.

EQ is a terrible example in this case as you can get to most places
from most other places for money. Its just thats its player driven in
EQ, and costs pretty much the amount you are saying although I've been
offered 5 times that before.

As to globally limiting travel in a game, I don't believe that it adds
any fun to the game. Running across half the world hoping you don't
get killed was an unhappy mix of dull and scarey. If one wanted to
make trade profitable between globally seperated markets, then I can
see the case for limiting travel. Then again I feel that there may be
better ways of doing this by limiting the amount of cargo that can go
through a teleport etc.

I don't understand why people think money has no value in EQ. Patently
it does, in fact its the only thing that maintains its value really.

Dan