[MUD-Dev] [BIZ] Advertising sprawl (yahoo)

Ian Macintosh Ian.Macintosh at ISSystems.Co.NZ
Fri Apr 20 11:33:51 CEST 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Dave Rickey wrote:

> This verges on out of context social commentary, but I really can't
> see what can be accomplished by more advertising, in games or
> anywhere else.  We've reached the point where the average savings of
> the american consumer is a negative number, just where is more sales
> supposed to come from?

What fuels advertising isn't the remaining (or not) disposable income.
It's just that A want's you to buy their product, rather than B's.
Therefor A and B both increase advertising to retain and/or gain
market share.

As such, it will be a constant source of revenue forever.  If you have
a MUD with human traffic, you have a saleable commodity.

Regards,

Ian.