[MUD-Dev] MUD for sale

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Wed Apr 18 08:59:44 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Gray <cg at ami-cg.dyn.gno.org>

> One of the old users of my old AmigaMUD system wants to get hold of
> a Linux version of my server. Since I've done so little with any of
> it recently, I've pretty much decided to go ahead and just make the
> current sources (with hopefully some internals docs added) available
> on my web site.

> Before I just give away 5+ years worth of my spare time, I figure I
> ought to ask: anyone out there want to buy exclusive rights to a
> fairly mature MUD server? You can read about the system on my web
> pages at:

>   http://www.graysage.com/cg/MUD/AmigaMUD/index.html

> The page hasn't been updated in a fair while, but is still mostly
> correct.

You might want to clean it up a bit and try to shop it around.  I can
tell you from experience, having a robust, mature, *stable* MUD
codebase without the copyright issues of most GPL'd codebases can be
one hell of a head start for a MMOG project (DAoC's servers are built
on a codebase that's been in development since Mark Jacob's Aradath
MUD, and server stability has been a non-issue for the most part
because of the maturity of the system).

--Dave Rickey