[Mud-Dev] Broken currencies

Lars Duening lars at bearnip.com
Thu Apr 5 00:12:34 CEST 2001

Jim S wrote on Tuesday, April 03 2001, 22:06:13:

> This last part brought a question to my mind.  Has anyone tried
> limiting the total amount of currency in their MMOG?

IIRC, the German mud MorgenGrauen used an approach like this. The
total amount of money available to the shops is limited; so if people
want continue to sell their loot, they have to buy things every now
and then.

Last time I was there (it's been more than a while), it worked quite
well. The players weren't too excited, obviously, but it seemed to
keep the inflation in check.

Lars Duening; lars at bearnip.com
PGP Key: http://www.bearnip.com/lars/pgp-lars.asc