[MUD-Dev] Convincing Players to Read Documentation

Jon Morrow Jon at Morrow.net
Sat Sep 30 19:11:25 CEST 2000

The below statements and question from Sanvean are so important that they
belong in another thread.

>It is effective, but it's only effective to the extent that players are
>willing to read them.  I can make them as accessible and thorough as
>possible, but much depends on getting the players to read them in the
>first place.  The people who do read them get a lot more out of the game,
>but how to convince them of that?  There's the question.  In any case, it
>reduces the number of wishes requesting information, or at least provides
>something you can readily point the wisher at.

The question is, "How do we convince players to read the documentation?"
Honestly, I don't know.  I make references to my help system several times
throughout our guided tutorials in hopes of players following through them.
But I don't feel this is sufficient.  Does anyone have other ideas?

Regards,

Jon