[MUD-Dev] MUD Coding Staff Structure

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Mon Sep 18 15:57:32 CEST 2000

According to Matthew Mihaly:
> There aren't (well, one can't prove a negative of course, but I've never
> heard of one, and it seems unlikely that one would exist that I haven't
> heard of). There aren't any big free muds really. I'm not aware of any
> that have ever regularly garnered more than 1000 people online at a time
> (actually I'm not aware of any that have regularly garnered more than 500
> at a time, but I know some came within 100 or so of that, so I raised the
> bar).

And for a good reason. Development time may be freely obtained, but the
infrastructure required to RUN the game isn't. And the larger the world
and the more players it has, the bigger the infrastructure required.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!