[MUD-Dev] MUD Coding Staff Structure

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Sat Sep 16 18:41:38 CEST 2000

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Michael Tresca wrote:

> I'm sure there are some large free-to-play MUDs that rival some of the
> pay-for-play multi-graphic-whatevers in size and scope.

There aren't (well, one can't prove a negative of course, but I've never
heard of one, and it seems unlikely that one would exist that I haven't
heard of). There aren't any big free muds really. I'm not aware of any
that have ever regularly garnered more than 1000 people online at a time
(actually I'm not aware of any that have regularly garnered more than 500
at a time, but I know some came within 100 or so of that, so I raised the
bar).

--matt