[MUD-Dev] Criminalize Community Volunteers?

Madman Across the Water burra at alum.rpi.edu
Wed Sep 6 12:37:59 CEST 2000

Josh Olson wrote:

> real-world management experience and/or honed people skills.  To them, being
> a Guide is about being part of something fun and helping people.  Install a
> time clock and tell them their work is worth minimum wage, and suddenly it's
> about a new job they neither need nor want.

There was a time when I seriously considered trying to be a UO
counselor. My guildmates all told me I really should, because I knew so
much about the game. I debated. I cared nothing about free accounts or
having to continue to pay. In the end, I decided I didn't have time.
But suggest that it would have made my tax forms even slightly more
complicated, and you couldn't have forced me to become a Counselor under
any circumstances.

 -Adam Burr