[MUD-Dev] integrated character webpages ala Black and White creature pages

Sat Oct 21 10:05:24 CEST 2000

> From: msew <msew at ev1.net>

> A goal should be to allow the class of casual non technical gamers
> (the biggest untapped creative market) to be able to participate in
> the community by giving them seemless integrated tools/methods for
> them to generate content and tell of their journeys.  This is not to
> say they should be out there on the vault network creating stuff
> there, but saying MMP games should provide some method to allow
> these non technical users to put information about their character
> and their character's experiences on the web.

I haven't tried it myself, since I know enough HTML to get by on, but
there is a user-accessible web-page building system on the lugnet.com
server (a privately run Lego interest site). Those interested in doing
this sort of thing (which I agree is a good idea) might want to look
at the implementation there - it seems fairly popular. There is also a
site (brickshelf.com) which makes it easy to build pages of pictures.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/