[MUD-Dev] Convincing Players to Read Documentation

Willowreed at aol.com Willowreed at aol.com
Sun Oct 1 10:39:01 CEST 2000

In a message dated 9/30/2000 11:26:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jon at Morrow.net writes:

>  The question is, "How do we convince players to read the documentation?"
>  Honestly, I don't know.  I make references to my help system several times
>  throughout our guided tutorials in hopes of players following through them.
>  But I don't feel this is sufficient.  Does anyone have other ideas?
>

>From my humble experience, players don't read.  The only way to make them
read is to somehow (remember this is only my experience and nothing more or
less) to get them to go through some screens of basic information before they
get to asking anyone for help.

although i wouldn't subject a higher-lever player to that stuff, the newbies
(up to a certain point) might benefit.

but then i am a control queen and freely admit it :)

wils