[MUD-Dev] Object Models

olag at ifi.uio.no olag at ifi.uio.no
Wed Nov 29 12:26:22 CET 2000

--<cut>--
Note: This message was written via the list web archives.  There is
no guarantee that the claimed author is actually the author.
--<cut>--
Original message: http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2000Q4/msg00300.php

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:04:13 -0800 (PST)
Chris Gray <cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA> wrote:
> As in most things, its a matter of degree. Heck even straight C++ has
> run-time checks (those wierd cast things). Personally, I can't see why
> people don't insist on as much compile-time checking as possible, but
> perhaps they have much better memories than I do.

Because most programming languages aren't supporting program
verification...?  I think there is a lot of ground to be covered
yet, when it comes to compile-time checks.  I suspect most
dynamic checks are simple enough to be proved at compile-time,
if programmers cared, compilers were capable, and languages were
designed for it.

Ola.