[MUD-Dev] Re: Dynamic Timelines

|Eric| eric at enkanica.com
Wed Nov 29 03:13:40 CET 2000

<<EdNote: New text moved below quote and quote trimmed as per list page>>

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Lord Ashon wrote:

> Greetings all!
> I had an insight today.  A system of Dynamic Timelines or plotlines as you
> wish.  Where the MUD determines new plotlines for a quest.  One of the
> things that players talk about all the time are wanting more ADMIN or GM run
> quest.  I was thinking what if I could design a system where the MUD could
> generate these types of quest itself?

You might want to reference:
http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q4/msg00849.php

Although, I think this would be one of those subjects that would be worthy
a little writeup link off to the side.

Outside the MUD-DEV space, you might check out the oz project for some
additional inspiriation.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/oz/web/papers/CMU-CS-97-156.html