[MUD-Dev] Object Models

Tue Nov 28 20:36:28 CET 2000

> From: "John Buehler" <johnbue at msn.com>

> Yes, others have been jumping on the dynamic reconfiguration issue.  I'll
> concede that we didn't get around to working that out in our research team,
> but we were getting there.  We had hallway conversations about it and I
> believe that dynamic reconfiguration and upgrades are completely tractable
> with a component system.
>
> Anytime someone talks about runtime checks and such, I'll immediately raise
> a red flag.  It's just rope around your neck.

As in most things, its a matter of degree. Heck even straight C++ has
run-time checks (those wierd cast things). Personally, I can't see why
people don't insist on as much compile-time checking as possible, but
perhaps they have much better memories than I do.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/