[MUD-Dev] Marketing text-based games (was: Ten Commandments for the next MMORPG)

Andrew Ritchie ritchie at pacific.net.au
Tue May 23 10:07:41 CEST 2000

[snip]

I think we need to educate the wider, online community as a whole about
what text-based MUDs are and how to access them.  I think, as you have
stated above, we will need to work as a group to achieve these ends.
Perhaps the establishment of a Council with delegates from the MUDding
community should be set up to investigate how we can best market online
role-playing games.

Rather than simply the telnet/www addresses of all members as you have
suggested, it would probably be more worthwhile to create a web site called
the "MUD Network" or something similar, which has information on all
aspects of MUDding and links to the members' telnet/www addresses.

I think that MUDding is a very niche market, but could be expanded through
some sort of collective effort.

Thoughts appreciated,

Andrew Ritchie
ritchie at pacific.net.au