[MUD-Dev] A footnote to Procedural Storytelling

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Mon May 22 05:56:01 CEST 2000

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Brandon J. Rickman wrote:

> Yay, so none of the stories are significant.  Because the game world must
> go on.  Like a prime-time drama.  Fun for third graders.

Right. Nevermind that prime-time drama is just a couple orders of
magnitude more relevant to the world than online gaming is. I would kill
to be compared to prime-time drama, as would probably any commercial
player in this space with any ambition. "We're the 'ER' of the on-line
gaming world." Sounds pretty tasty to me.

--matt