[MUD-Dev] MUD timeline

Moreland Moreland
Wed Mar 8 11:23:50 CET 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Koster, Raph [mailto:rkoster at origin.ea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 10:25 AM
To: 'mud-dev at kanga.nu'
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] MUD timeline

> Simutronics launches Orb Wars on GEnie.

>Out of all the Simutronics games, this is the one I know absolutely nothing
>about. Any details?

Orb Wars was a team-based competition game where differing types of mages
fought for control over the different orbs in an arena.  You could either
play it using ASCII representation or very basic graphic front-ends.  Oddly
enough, it would feel very familiar to the Shooter folks who play stuff like
Tribes/Unreal Tournament etc.  The game felt alot like Hack or Rogue except
that you had very clear victory conditions, and the games were fairly short.
I actually don't remember if your mage "persisted" through the battles.

EvilJohn
Designer, OSI

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu