[MUD-Dev] Processor Usage

Christopher Kohnert cjkohner at brain.uccs.edu
Fri Mar 3 02:04:13 CET 2000

Am I simply missing something, or do all these engines that report low
processor usage (5-10% peak) not have a pseudo-real-time event
scheduling mechanism?  I can sleep, waiting for both events and input
from sockets, and not get it to drop below an average of 80%.  Does
anyone have any ideas as to how other systems can claim these low
usages?  No, I don't have any specific examples, (I can't remember them)
I've just seen them float by on messages here and there, reporting this
wonderful feat.

Chris

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu