[MUD-Dev] Collected comments on C# from comp.lang.python and the python mailing list.

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Wed Jun 28 15:08:05 CEST 2000

------- Forwarded Message
To: python-list at python.org
From: Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au>
Subject: more python evangelising...
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:06:57 +1000

in a mainstream-ish news article, no less...

when talking about C#, and it's relationship to Java...

[snippity]

And an even more cunning route was at hand, as the redoubtable maintainer
of the Java site Cafe Au Lait, Rusty Harold Elliot points out. Elliot,
a long time critic of Sun's licensing tactics, notes: "If Microsoft
wanted to really challenge Java, they should have gone with Python. I
just don't believe it's possible for any major advances in language
design to be made while restricting oneself to the mistakes Kernighan
and Ritchie made 30 years ago."

Well, quite. The open source language Python has not only proven itself
macho enough in heavy duty production environment, it's simple enough
to be taught as a first language to kids. And it's interfaced with COM
interface for several years now. Maybe someone in Redmond thought it
was time to unleash some "innovation" at the world, and cometh the hour,
cometh the new programming language.

[snippity]

- --
------- End of Forwarded Message