[MUD-Dev] Bioware

Fri Jun 16 19:43:57 CEST 2000

I got a little tour of Bioware this afternoon. Looks to be about 100 people
there. I talked with my ex-coworker Stan (I think he's the senior graphics
person there now), and a bit with Mark Bocklington, who is the head honcho
for Neverwinter Nights. I pointed him at kanga.nu, and he said he would
take a look this afternoon. He was *very* busy. Apparantly things are in
a mess after putting out the demo. :-) Mark remembers giving Raph his
card at the GDC? So, if we think no-one from there joins us here, Raph
has the right email address to poke at.

Some snippets that I think I'm remembering right (I'm a lousy spy!):
Bard's Tale 2 should be out soon - some guys from California are up
playtesting it now. NWN will be ported to Linux. BT-2 is being ported
to the PlayStation 2 - they had one there, and if I was looking at the
right box, it looked like an HP workstation. Either it was a pre-production
unit, or I was looking at the wrong box. I suspect none of this is news
to those in the industry, but the port to Linux was especially interesting
for me, since that is what I run.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/