[MUD-Dev] Re: [Meta] New poll

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Jun 10 12:12:13 CEST 2000

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:33:42 -0500
Eli Stevens <wickedgrey at wickedgrey.com> wrote:

> I was polling, and the question below caught my eye.
>> Have you ever bought something in a MUD using RL money?
> I am not sure, but I do not think that any one of the answers
> addresses MUDs like Achaea.  Might there be room for a "Yes, it
> was supported by the business model"?

I wanted to phrase the poll from the vantage of a player not a game
operator, mostly because I think its something that is outside of
the game operator's hands.  We can't stop players from
trading/selling items, and we know they are going to do it it
anyway.  So we either actively support or engage in it ourselves, or
we atttempt to dissuade and minimise any unwelcome impact.

> The last two seem to apply, but for me there seems to be an air of
> "Yes, but it was against the rules" to them.  *shrug*

Umm, could be.  Care to suggest other options or a poll that
reflects the operator side?

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu