[MUD-Dev] Entry and near-entry level jobs at Maxis

Sellers Sellers
Mon Jun 5 13:19:17 CEST 2000

We (Maxis, a [non-squirrelly] division of Electronic Arts) have one or two
entry-level or near-entry-level openings for technical designers.
Primarily, what we're looking for are recent college graduates with some
MUD-type scripting under their belts and/or the interest and ability to
learn new scripting tools.  Near-term, the work will entail creating objects
along the lines of what you can find in The Sims (every object in that game
is a scripted object) using our internal tools.  This work will move to
scripting objects and NPCs in online, multiplayer games, and will provide
great growth opportunities in a fast-moving but non-neurotic environment.
Longer term, these positions could lead to opportunities to help specify new
scripting tools and environments, as well as greater online game design
responsibilities.

Maxis is located in Walnut Creek, California, about 45 minutes NE of San
Francisco, and a reverse commute from almost everywhere.  These are
full-time positions with all the rights, abilities, benefits,
responsibilities, and regal powers typically attendant thereto.  Yada yada
yada.  If you want more info, email me directly.

Thanks!

Mike Sellers
msellers at maxis.com