[MUD-Dev] Bay Area Press re: UO, the good the bad and the Ugly.

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sun Jun 4 12:25:17 CEST 2000

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000 21:05:14 -0700
Zak Jarvis <zak at voidmonster.com> wrote:

> I've seen it argued here that no one *must* spend their time in
> our games, the implication being quite clear that addiction is
> *their* fault, we just make the product.

Writing as list owner:

  There's a fine line of on-topic we've been treading closely on
both sides of for a while now.  On the one side there are valid game
design concerns, and there are techniques which may help us feel
comfortable, or even willing to be responsible for our creations.
On the other side are some fairly amorphous philosophical debates,
and arguments on definitions of social responsibility among other
things.  Let's keep this thread to the on-topic side, on the game
side.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu