[MUD-Dev] Roleplaying in Muds

Solmyr of the Azure Star solmyr at kolumbus.fi
Tue Jul 25 21:17:13 CEST 2000

Josh Anderson wrote:

> I'm probably the only one left, but I'm still a big proponent of the 'muds
> are for mudding, chat rooms/ICQ/AIM/whatever for chatting' concept that (as
> a newcomer to the list) I'm sure has been brought up before.  I don't run a
> mud so that people can talk about football or movies.  IMO nothing hurts RP
> more than OOC talking about things like game mechanics or levels, especially
> over a public channel.  Maybe that's just me.

I agree with the above absolutely. In a RP mud prohibiting any talk
about game mechanics is probably essential. While other OOC chat may be
okay, it should probably be restricted to certain rooms or channels
(which can be tuned out by players who don't want to listen to it).

--
Aleksei Andrievski
solmyr at kolumbus.fi
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Fortress/2198/index.html