[MUD-Dev] Roleplaying in Muds

Josh Anderson joshua18 at home.com
Mon Jul 24 17:38:14 CEST 2000

On Mon, July 24, 2000 Erik Jarvi wrote:

> My point is sometimes I don't want to role play. I want to chit-chat about
> something in the real world with other players in the game.

I'm probably the only one left, but I'm still a big proponent of the 'muds
are for mudding, chat rooms/ICQ/AIM/whatever for chatting' concept that (as
a newcomer to the list) I'm sure has been brought up before.  I don't run a
mud so that people can talk about football or movies.  IMO nothing hurts RP
more than OOC talking about things like game mechanics or levels, especially
over a public channel.  Maybe that's just me.

Josh Anderson