[MUD-Dev] Re: Scaling a world.

Bruce bruce at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 23 23:12:17 CEST 2000

Saereth2000 at aol.com wrote:
>               First off, I am sorry if my format is incorrect
> in this letter,
> as it is my first time posting to this list. I am wondering if
> anyone knows
> of a MUD which actually has 50k or more rooms. The reason I ask
> is in the MUD
> that I am currently developing one of our main features is going
> to be the
> geography. We have worked out a build system which will hopefully
> incorporate
> this and right now we are aiming towards around 60k+ rooms when
> we open. Any
> feedback would be nice.

So, I'm curious.... is this number (60k+) just an arbitrary number?  Or
is it the amount of rooms that you have found necessary to implement
your content in a meaningful way to present it to your users?

What type of information are you really looking for here?  Merely the
existence of muds with 50k or more rooms?  Or something else?

 - Bruce