[MUD-Dev] Roleplaying in Muds

Solmyr of the Azure Star solmyr at kolumbus.fi
Sat Jul 22 02:09:28 CEST 2000

Ben wrote:

>     Many MUDs make the mistake of assuming that the role everyone wants to
> play is that of a hack-n-slashing mass murderer... not everybody feels that
> way.  I think that the best way to make a roleplaying MUD is to completely
> do away with "levels" and the such.  Instead make a system where experience

I don't know why people think that levels or lack thereof somehow affect
people's roleplaying. RP is not dependent on the technical rules, it
comes from the player and his own imagination. I fail to see how
removing levels and/or combat would somehow suddenly improve the quality
of RP on a mud, if its players didn't make any additional efforts to
roleplay.

--
Aleksei Andrievski
solmyr at kolumbus.fi