[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #165 - 14 msgs

John Buehler johnbue at email.msn.com
Mon Jul 17 23:05:31 CEST 2000

Matthew Mihaly
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 8:53 PM

>You make it sound as if there was a point when the masses were not
>fascinated by sex and violence, which is not the case.

Such was not my intent.  I wasn't referring to the consumers of
sexual and violent entertainment, but to the producers.  They're
getting better at dragging eyeballs their way.  I was further
attempting to point out that more enticing and sustainable
entertainment is to be found away from the primitive senses
and more in the direction of what might be called higher-order
joys of life.

Building a MUD is a higher-order joy of life, by the way.

Unless you're being paid in sex or getting to witness some kind
of violent act in recompense, of course.