[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #165 - 14 msgs

Tamzen Cannoy tamzen at worldbenders.com
Mon Jul 17 11:40:55 CEST 2000

At 10:38 AM -0400 7/17/00, Dave Rickey wrote:
> [...]

Maybe. :)

I play on Ambermush. Conflict there can be combat (extremely rarely
fatal since this is pure RP and death is the end of your char) but
it's just as likely to be political, or emotional or in general
rather Machiavellian. There is something completely satisfying about
taking a personal conflict and working for a long time to bring down
the entire House of the other person, or setting them up to take a
fall in some other manner.

Often combat is considered rather twinkish in consensually based RP
since only the warpigs seem to enjoy it and there are usually
non-combative casualties. (No one ever fights except in crowded
places for the audience.)
--

Tamzen