[MUD-Dev] A new combat system

Ben bjchambers at phoenixdsl.com
Fri Jul 14 19:35:51 CEST 2000

Hey again, I have been reading about how it would be hard to implement my
system because of the fact that you would not be able to time things
appropriately.  What I propose to solve this is a new method of threading
the server.  If instead of processing the command on the player thread, you
process it on a generic server thread.

The threads would:
    Player thread- Accepts input and adds to a command qeue, after first pre
            processing the data
    Server thread- processes command qeue and performs the actions/output

In this way it becomes almost event oriented...