[MUD-Dev] curses and grief players

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Tue Jul 11 00:55:24 CEST 2000

  Adam wrote:

> I've always liked the idea of death curses: if you attack and kill a witch-type
> person, they will place a death curse upon you with their dying breath.
> This works well with what you outline above: a death curse would last forever,
> or until dispelled by some sort of exorcist-type person, making players
> afraid of killing witch-types (even if they are easy to defeat in combat).

I originally conceived my version along those lines. I ended up changing
it because I wanted players to have the power to decide exactly what
sort of actions deserve revenge.

All around, I think both versions would be a lot of fun, even without
using them as an anti-griefer tool. Hopefully, I'll begin to find out
within the next year or so. I'm making a lot more forward progress now,
and a lot less lateral progress.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/
Smarter than God? No, but I'm smarter than he was when he was my age.