[MUD-Dev] Storing tokens with flex & bison

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Sun Jan 2 04:16:38 CET 2000

"Jon A. Lambert" wrote:
> That stored list would be called a pre-tokenized stream.  It's how the
> old MS-Basic and C64 Basic used to save code when exiting the editor.

Sort of. Microsoft BASIC and its direct derivatives (Commodore,
AppleSoft, etc) did what amounted to a search and replace. You got a
mixture of raw text and tokens. This allowed it to get away without
doing the syntax checking of some other BASICs (Atari BASIC, for
example).

> X.  I don't know offhand of any books that cover VM design in depth.

Me either. I think that's a shame.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu