[MUD-Dev] code base inquiry

adam at treyarch.com adam at treyarch.com
Fri Feb 18 14:23:01 CET 2000

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Matthew Mihaly wrote:
> Amen. A lot of programmers program for fun. I don't know anyone who writes
> documentation for fun.

Hmmmm, it's funny - people always tell me this, but I really enjoy writing
the docs for the stuff I've implemented.  I feel like writing help files
is the time when you're all done implementing all your cool features,
and now you get to brag about them. :)

And especially if you're a hobbiest doing a for-fun type project, there's
nothing to keep you from having fun with the docs.  I've always liked the
stock circlemud help page for 'wield': I believe it reads, "When you get
tired of bashing monsters with your fists, you might try wielding a weapon."
:)

Adam

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu