[MUD-Dev] The Endeavour Map and MUD Applications

Ted Milker tmilker at radiks.net
Wed Feb 16 23:02:10 CET 2000

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 12:28:24PM -0800, David Bennett wrote:
> On 2/16/00, at 12:31 PM, Ted Milker wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 11:28:50AM -0500, Michael Hohensee wrote:
> >> What I'm wondering is: can we gain access to the raw data of these maps,
> >
> >If you mean the highest resolution, unedited data, no.  The Army has
> >classfied those maps for it's own use(they're joint sponsoring the
> >project with NASA).
>
> Hmmm.  I thought because of government regulations all NASA data is
> available, you just need to pay exremely large amounts of money for it.

Well, from what I've read/heard, they'll take 2-3 years to dither down
the maps, feeding the public lower resolution ones than the highest
resolution possible.  I'm sure there'll be a middle, very expensive,
ground for those inclined.  As far as I know, the very highest resolution
is reserved for the Army only.

Ted

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu