[MUD-Dev] Re:Text Parsers

szii at sziisoft.com szii at sziisoft.com
Thu Dec 14 02:51:49 CET 2000

<EdNote: When asked to trim the quote, removing the quote entirely
along with the In-Reply-To: and References: headers is not quite the
idea.  Quotes are good; they provide context.  Proper reply headers
provide threading.>

Mostly I was looking for a "drop in" parser.  I could write a
tokenizer real quick, but from an "effect" point of view an NLP would
be beautiful.  Since what I'm coding is more of a "framework" than a
full game at this point, I want to keep it extensible and simple to
read (C++).

Besides, I have visions of a MUD framework that anyone can put any UI
on.  Much like games lease their engine to other games, this is what I
envision.  Besides, tack on a Dragon module on top of an NLP'd MUD and
it could make for a very cool experience...with or without a UI.

Thanks to everyone who responded...I've got some good leads to work
with!

-Szii