[MUD-Dev] Diku & GPL

George Greer greerga at circlemud.org
Tue Dec 12 14:02:39 CET 2000

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Corey Crawford wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a maintained list of GPL/GNU licensed
> MUDs?  Or can someone point me to a few?

MUD++ had a GPL-ish license with the entirety of GPL required but some
extra restrictions, such as commercial use and the copyright banner
being printed upon login to players. I'm not interested in a license
debate over that though.

The author disappeared four years ago though, so don't expect much in
the way of active work.  His FTP site also disappeared but I happened
to have it mirrored (daily) prior to that:

	http://ftp.m-l.org/pub/mud++/

<EdNote: Also ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/MUD/Servers/Mud++/>

--
George Greer
greerga at circlemud.org