[MUD-Dev] Permadeath or Not?

Batir batir at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 6 23:22:04 CET 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Rickey" <daver at mythicentertainment.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Permadeath or Not?

I don't think it's so much of a fanatic realism they want, but just a little
edge to the game.  Playing Gemstone III (a comercial mud by Simutronics for
those of you unfamiliar with it) with it's limited ressurection system
(Clerics could ressurect you indefinetely, but if no one found your body,
the "Gods" had to interviene and would only do so if you had made donations
to the church or earned a "Deed" in some other fashion prior to your death)
was more exciting then playing UO where one lost only a few items and gold
but had no real risk (mere inconvience).

Batir
Batir at Stratics.com