[MUD-Dev] New and looking for a good place to get started...

Brian 'Psychochild' Green brian at psychochild.org
Wed Dec 6 12:24:19 CET 2000

J C Lawrence wrote:

> I can probably do this with fairly minimal effort (ie all the
> oeffort is other people's).  I have the FTP server on ftp.kanga.nu
> setup to allow people to volunteer to maintain specified branches of
> the FTP tree in a moderately secure fashion (ie authentication is
> still in the clear, but against a database private to the FTP
> server, and each user only has access to a chroot jail).

This sounds good.  It might also be nice if the maintainer had a file of
resources specific to the MUD type.  A list of the homepage, significant
sites, building information, custom additions, important MUD lists,
history, derivatives, etc.

> Any interest in adopting a branch of the FTP tree?

Oooh, not that I don't have enough to do already, but I'll take LP-MUD.
It's the text MUD codebase I'm most familiar with.  Would this cover all
LP-type codebases?  Would this include just drivers or libs as well?  It
might be nice to be able to create subdirectories....

Perhaps someone on the Skotos crew would be interested in covering DGD,
given their access to the creator. :)

Any information that people would be interested in contributing can be
emailed to me directly.

--
"And I now wait / to shake the hand of fate...."  -"Defender", Manowar
     Brian Green, brian at psychochild.org  aka  Psychochild
      |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-'    holders for code that works.'"
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)         - Andrew Kirmse, Meridian 59 creator