[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Tess Lowe tess at havensong.com
Mon Aug 28 11:28:24 CEST 2000

John Buehler wrote:
> The approach that I've currently glommed onto is predicated in the idea
that the
> game can detect things that MIGHT be a crime and then leave it to the
victim
> of the apparent crime to decide whether it really was.

This always seems to lead to grief players finding ways to tempt good
players into doing something that "might" be considered a crime, and then
dropping your metaphorical 16-ton weight on their head. One obvious example
being creating endless newbies to torment a good player verbally until that
player snaps and commits a crime against them.

~Tess