[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Sat Aug 26 12:31:12 CEST 2000

According to Paul Schwanz - Enterprise Services:
> alternative to PvP.  IMHO, I think that a Team(s) vs. Team(s) approach will
> provide the best mix of cooperative and competitive gameplay.  Ideally, in a TvT
> virtual world, each team will be able to maintain territory that it controls.
> This in turn can allow players within that team to select a level of risk with
> which they are comfortable--safe and boring at the center of the territory,
> while dangerous and exciting on the front lines.

It sounds like what Dark Age of Camelot (another soon-to-be contender
in the MMOG arena) is trying to do. 3 teams, and as an objective for
conflict (as opposed to "let's kill some ennemies"), you have "Relics"
who give your realm some benefits.

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)