[MUD-Dev] Reincarnation instead of Resurrection

Lovecraft dave at darkages.com
Fri Aug 25 19:43:59 CEST 2000

From: Matthew Mihaly <the_logos at achaea.com>

> [Middle Earth Online wasn't] doing actual permadeath. Quite a bit of
> your character was just going to pass to a "sibling" or something
> similar. It's not real permadeath.

I'm curious to see a URL of a MUD that does re-incarnation or lineage,
re-incarnation into a kin.

It is theoretically more IC-plausible than resurrection.  It appeals to
role-players, in theory.  I remember playing and GMing several pencil&paper
systems where the GM used points transference.  The points total from the
dead character was used to make up a new one, at a penalty.  It wasn't a
MUD, and I am a deviant in the psychographics of MUD players, so I doubt its
MUD player appeal.

Dave Kennerly