[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Paul Schwanz - Enterprise Services Paul.Schwanz at east.sun.com
Fri Aug 25 14:03:18 CEST 2000

> From: "Shawn L Johnston" <sjohnston at satshot.com>

> While I would not advocate a system that allows players to completely run
> over each other, I don't think you want to impose upon players a system
> with a strict moral code that results in crippling players' opportunities
> for interaction with each other (especially including conflict).

But what if real life moral codes came to the understanding long ago that things
like murder and thievery _do_ result in a crippling of opportunities for
interaction with each other?

Perhaps a game system doesn't have to entirely prevent such actions, however.
Maybe it would be enough to simply ensure that they were not expedient.

--Phinehas

		"All things are permissible,
			but not all things are expedient."